Having a sibling means letting your crazy side come out. He or she is a best friend and the best enemy that you can have. The experience of growing up with brothers and sisters is therefore incomparable. Though they can be miserable at times, forcing you to pray to be a single child in your next birth. But when they are around, the fun in your life never stops.
They will make you crazy, angry and bring out the evil side in you. Yet, no one can replace your lovely siblings. Their bond with you is way above any minor disputes you may have.
Even though you may love your siblings, sometimes the war gets severe. From having problems in sharing things to feeling jealous of each other, these siblings can really make you mad.
At times your sibling might hurt you, or you may harm them. You may feel as if you do not want to talk to them again. Yet, in the end, you will forgive and mend your relationship to fight again soon.
But despite this animosity and fighting, when someone messes with either of you, the other comes to the rescue. An elder sibling would never allow anyone else to trouble their little brother or sister. They will protect you from external evils as much as possible. So much so that as you grow up, your elder siblings become your role models to emulate.
We may copy them in everything they do. Whether it is the clothes they wear to the music they adore, we will do anything to be like them. Following are some great brother and sister quotes that depict the love between the siblings, though they make you crazy, love you loads.
Brother And Sister Quotes
1. “My sister accommodates me, never reproaches me with her doctrine, never tries to change me. She accepts and loves me, despite our differences.” -Joy Harjo
2. “Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends. Joy and laughter or tears and strife, holding hands tightly as we dance through life.” -Suzie Huitt
Subscribe to Motivational WizardGet a weekly email magazine jam-packed with all the best posts from Motivational Wizard.
3. “Having lots of siblings is like having built-in best friends.” -Kim Kardashian
4. “They say that no matter how old you become, when you are with your siblings, you revert back to childhood.” -Karen White
5. “A bond as important as that of a husband and wife, is the bond between siblings.” -Lee Dong-Wook
6. “It is good to hold onto the hand of a sister when traveling the path of life.” -Anonymous
7. “Be nice to your siblings, they’re your best link to your past and the most likely to stay with you in the future.” -Baz Lurhmann
8. “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.” -Susan Scarf Merrell
9. “There’s no better friend than a sister.” -Mary Engelbreit
10. “Brothers and sisters can say things to one another that no one else can.” -Gregory E. Lang
Description: Having siblings is a blessing. They are your ultimate secret box. You can share anything at any time without giving it a second thought just like a best friend. They accept you the way you are and never judge you for your actions. Whenever in need, they’ll give you the best advice ever.
11. “Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring – quite often the hard way.” -Pamela Dugdale
12. Brothers and sisters are made for each other’s; they make things easy for each other. -Anonymous
13. “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.” -Vietnamese Proverb
14. “There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother.” -Terri Guillemets
15. “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow, and wise is the counsel of those who love us.” -Benjamin Disraeli
16. “Power, that’s one thing, but love of family and of siblings is more important, is more powerful than any other power – at least earthly power, at least earthly power.” -Sander Levin
17. “No friend is better than your sibling. Your sibling will be with you in both situations: when you are facing trouble and when you are having success.” -Anonymous
18. “To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confident… it is to have a soulmate for life.” -Victoria Secunda
19. “A sister is someone, who loves you from the heart. No matter how much you argue, you cannot be drawn apart.” -Shiv Sharma
20. “The mildest, drowsiest sister has been known to turn tiger if her sibling is in trouble.” -Clara Ortega
Description: Sibling relationships are incomparable. Whenever in trouble, you’ll always find your siblings beside you for help. They play different roles for each other. If needed, they can be your striking protectors.
21. “The greatest gift our parents ever gave us was each other.” -Unknown
22. “When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?” -Pam Brown
23. “As we grew up, my brothers acted like they didn’t care, butI always knew they looked out for me and were there.” -Catherine Pulsifer
24. “Brothers and sisters stay with each other through difficult situations. They are the best friend that you find inside your house. How can you let go of them. You are not going to find such friends in your professional life.” -Anonymous
25. “What’s the good of news if you haven’t a sister to share it?” -James DeVries
26. “God blesses him who helps his brother.” -Abu Bakr
27. “A ministering angel shall my sister be.” -William Shakespeare
28. “We came into the world like brother and brother; And now let’s go hand in hand, not before one another.” -William Shakespeare
29. “What strange creatures brothers are!” -Jane Austen
30. “A sister is both your mirror and your opposite.” -Elizabeth Fishel
Description: Sisters share an interesting relationship with each other. From criticizing your fashion sense to stealing your clothes. They can be indifferent and have arguments about it. At the same time, It’s fun to watch the younger one putting on makeup just like her elder sister.
31. “For there is no friend like a sister, In calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, To fetch one if one goes astray, To lift one if one totters down, To strengthen whilst one stands.” -Christina Rossetti
32. “The advantage of growing up with siblings is that you become very good at fractions.” -Unknown
33. “Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life.” -Charles M. Schulz
34. “Never make a companion equal to a brother.” -Hesiod
35. “Brothers and sisters understand each other’s feeling. They can take care of you even when you have not asked for help.” -Anonymous
36. “Brothers and sisters know how to love each other, how to help each other, and when to leave each other alone.” -Anonymous
37. “Being brother and sister means being there for each other.” -Unknown
38. “Family is family, whether it’s the one you start out with, the one you end up with, or the one you gain along the way.” -Unknown
39. “A sibling represents a person’s past, present, and future.” -John Corey Whaley
40. “Like branches on a tree, we grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one. Each of our lives will always be a special part of the other.” -Unknown
Description: Brothers and sisters have a soul connection. They don’t need words to explain their feelings. Even if they have different interests in life and choose different careers. From holding you while riding a cycle for the first time to giving you financial advice now, they play a special role in your small and big achievements.
41. “When you have a lot of siblings, you always do something to feel special.” -Lee Daniels
42. “Sometimes you wish that you have someone who can give you comfort. You wish someone with you even when you don’t want something to be fixed. You are not in trouble, you are not asking for anything, yet you are looking for someone to be simply there. Who else you can turn to other than your sibling?” -Anonymous
43. “Sometimes being a sister is way better than being a princess.” -Unknown
44. “My siblings don’t look like each other, but each of them looks like me.” -Sally Painter
45. “The power of a sibling who knows everything about you, who knows the family you grew up in, who carries half your genes – there’s nothing quite like that.” -Jeffrey Kluger
46. “My brothers are like oil and vinegar, but they have always been there for me. In that way, they are exactly alike!” -Sally Painter
47. “Sibling rivalry was, and still is to this day, rampant in my family. We were all competing for my parents’ divided attention.” -Janine di Giovanni
48. “Do you have a brother or sister? Why don’t you tell them every day how much you love them. Nothing will give you more satisfaction than this.” -Anonymous
49. “You always support me and never envy. We go hand in hand in life and I am sure that it will last forever.” -Unknown
50. “In many sibling relationships, the rate of conflict can be high, but the fun times in the backyard and the basement more than balance it out.” -Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman
Description: A brother-sister relationship is often considered to be hot and cold. They fight over clothes, food, television, and whatnot. But together you create thousands of memories to cherish throughout life.
51. “A sister is someone you can always count on, even if you don’t know it at the time.” -Sally Painter
52. “Being blessed with an identical twin is like having an understudy in case of emergencies.” -Unknown
53. “When brothers and sisters agree, no fortress remains impregnable, no challenge remains insurmountable.” -Anonymous
54. “My brother is my most beloved friend. He also happens to be the harshest critic of mine. He loves me, yet he is my bitterest rival. He is the biggest source of my strength, my joy despite being my equal in all aspects.” -Anonymous
55. “Siblings know you better than anyone. They may not always admire you, but they’ll always be intensely interested in you.” -Dr Terri Apter
56. “Siblings are put on this Earth to love, to entertain, and to annoy each other. It’s part of their job requirements.” -Unknown
57. “Older siblings… the only people who will pick on you for their own entertainment and beat up anyone else who tries.” -Anonymous
58. “What causes sibling rivalry? Having more than one kid.” -Tim Allen
59. “You are the closest person to me, who is my brother, my partner, my best friend. I love you.” -Unknown
60. “A sibling may be the sole keeper of one’s core identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self.” -Marian Sandmaier
Description: Brothers and sisters know each other more than they know themselves. It’s like living with your second soul. They share a bond where they understand each other’s actions and reactions.
61. “If you want to do really important things in life and big things in life, you can’t do anything by yourself. And your best teams are your friends and your siblings.” -Deepak Chopra
62. “The younger brother must help to pay for the pleasures of the elder.” -Jane Austen
63. “Siblings are a volume of childhood memories; a nostalgia that cannot be easily deleted.” -Vincent Okay Nwachukwu
64. “Your brother is your alter ego. Your friend and sometimes your hero.” -Maxime Lagacé
65. “True siblings are bound together by far more essential things than blood, while more times than many blood isn’t thicker than water.” -Constantina Maud
66. “Without your sister, you are not complete. She is always present in your heart, soul and memory.” -Anonymous
67. “If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater.” -Pam Brown
68. “A brother is a friend given by nature.” -Jean Baptiste Legouve
69. “Siblings are branches of a tree some stay close some go in different directions they fruit, grow bigger till they die and fall.” -The Omani Shed
70. “Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something.” -Lemony Snicket
Description: Siblings keep the house entertained all the time. There’s always a hidden competition for parents’ attention. They love each other but love to annoy each other more.
71. “I have siblings. And there are certain things I know that I can push their buttons. And they know they have certain things where they can push mine.” -Catherine Zeta-Jones
72. “Sisters don’t need words to express each other’s feeling. Their smiles and winks communicate more feelings that thousands of words can’t do.” -Anonymous
73. “I’ve explored all types of love. I have spent time with every type of people. But as the years gone by, I have discovered that only my sister gives me an unconditional love.” -Anonymous
74. “If thy brother wrongs thee, remember not so much his wrong-doing, but more than ever that he is thy brother.” -Epictetus
75. “That’s the best part of having siblings,” I laugh. “Half the time, you want to kill each other, but you’d kill for each other, too.” -L.C. Davis
76. “Once a brother, always a brother, no matter the distance, no matter the difference and no matter the issue.” -Byron Pulsifer
77. “What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.” -Esther M. Friesner
78. “You tend to forget your friends as you move on in your life. New friends replace old ones. But one thing remains constant. You can never move away from your sister. She will forever remain your best friend.” -Anonymous
79. “The best thing about having four big brothers is you always have someone to do something for you.” -Chloe Moretz
80. “From their struggles to establish dominance over each other, siblings become tougher and more resilient.” -Adele Faber
Description: Winning competitions or scoring more than your brothers and sisters gives you a sense of dominance. Dealing with such competitions from the beginning prepares you for the real world. It makes you strong enough to face success and failures in life.
81. “First a brother, then a bother, now a friend.” -Anonymous
82. “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” -Desmond Tutu
83. “A sibling may be the keeper of one’s identity, the only person with the keys to one’s unfettered, more fundamental self.” -Marian Sandmaier
84. “Nothing, not even distance, earning, lifestyle, likes and dislikes, can separate brothers and sisters.” -Anonymous
85. “Brothers and sisters can provide the most encouragement and support when life’s trials get us down. Talk to them!” -Catherine Pulsifer
86. “As your brother, I always know that you my sister look out for me. And as your younger brother I also know you will always be older than me.” -Theodore W. Higginsworth
87. “Our brothers and sisters bring us face to face with our former selves and remind us how intricately bound up we are in each other’s lives.” -Jane Mersky Leder
88. “You must recognize that the way to get the good out of your brother and your sister is not to return evil for evil.” -Louis Farrakhan
89. “Sisters and brothers just happen, we don’t get to choose them, but they become one of our most cherished relationships.” -Wes Adamson
90. “Back in time it seemed that having a sister were a tragedy. Instead it is one of the best presents my parents could have ever given me.” -Sara Anzellotti
Description: Seeing your parents giving more attention to your sister annoys you at times. But they make you fall in love with them because of their selfless love for you. Growing up, they start to take care of you like a mother.
91. “Brothers and sisters separated by distance joined by love.” -Chuck Danes
92. “When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life.” -Antisthenes
93. “You can kid the world, but not your sister.” -Charlotte Gray
94. “I see a brother and sister, sitting over there together, fighting over a toy, they just can’t seem to see, their love shining through, with every smile that they bring.” -Valerie Dupont
95. “In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.” -Anonymous
96. “What binds us? Certainly, it is beyond our choice. But the fact is that we are brother and sister, and we can’t live without each other.” -Anonymous
97. “Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form.” -Jeffrey Kluger
98. “There is a destiny which makes us brothers; none goes his way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own.” -Edwin Markham
99. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” -Amy Li
100. “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.” -Carol Saline
Description: A sister supports her brother in every situation no matter what comes. If you are going wrong in life, your sister is the first one to point it out and help you correct it. She stands like a pillar to support you throughout life.
101. “Help your brother’s boat across, and your own will reach the shore.” -Hindu Proverb
102. “Your sister loves you from the bottom of her heart. She doesn’t mind whether you love her or not. She will continue to love you even when you fight with her. She is your biggest happiness and nothing, not even you, can snatch this happiness from you.” -Anonymous
103. “If you want to know how your girl will treat you after marriage, just listen to her talking to her little brother.” -Sam Levenson
104. “My siblings are my best friends.” -America Ferrera
105. “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other – they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.” -Leonardo DiCaprio
106. “It takes two men to make one brother.” -Israel Zangwill
107. “Sometimes Being a Brother Is Even Better Than Being a Superhero.” -Marc Brown
108. “Your sister loves you so much that sometimes you wish you become a little child again.” -Anonymous
109. “My sister and I are so close that we finish each other’s sentences and often wonder whose memories belong to whom.” -Shannon Celebi
110. “During life’s journey you will find most sisters and brothers are friends, companions, and support for each other.” -Kate Summers
Description: It doesn’t matter if siblings have different interests, live in different cities, they always support each other when no one does. Whenever in doubt, their advice helps you make better choices in life.
111. “Half the time when brothers wrestle, it’s just an excuse to hug each other.” -James Patterson
112. “There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother… Oh, how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too.” -Anna Quindlen
113. “Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister.” -Alice Walker
114. “I tried to find my soul. I failed. I tried to seek the God. I could not find Him. Then I decided to find my brother. I found all three.” -Anonymous
115. “The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend.” -Cali Rae Turner
116. “Being his real brother I could feel I live in his shadows, but I never have and I do not now. I live in his glow.” -Michael Morpurgo
117. “I, who have no sisters or brothers, look with some degree of innocent envy on those who may be said to be born to friends.” -Kames Boswell
118. “Because brothers don’t let each other wander in the dark alone.” -Jolene Perry
119. “The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out his nose.” -Garrison
120. “Your siblings are the only people in the world who know what it’s like to have been brought up the way you were.” -Betsy Cohen
Description: We all have different experiences in life. Siblings are blessed to share those experiences from childhood. They face lows and highs of life together. We are more likely to hide our feelings from our parents but a brother or sister knows about it.
221. “Sisterly love is the most abstract sentiment. But that abstract sentiment is the most precious thing for you.” -Anonymous
122. “Brothers & sisters are as close as hands and feet.” -Vietnamese Proverb
123. “Our brothers & sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.” -Susan Scarf Merrell
124. “I see a brother and sister, sitting over there together, fighting over a toy, they just can’t seem to see, their love shining through, with every smile that they bring.” -Valerie Dupont
125. “A sister is both your mirror and your opposite.” -Elizabeth Fishel
126. “You can’t hide anything from your sister. She knows you inside out. No part of your life is hidden from her. Irrespective of what you do for her, she will always stand with you. She knows what hurts you the most, yet she will never drive the knife to hurt you.” -Anonymous
127. “Your parents are the parents you know best. Your brother and sister, if you have them, are the brother and sister you know best. They may not be the ones you like the best. They may not be the most interesting, but they are the closest and probably the clearest to you.” -James Salter
128. “A ministering angel shall my sister be.” -William Shakespeare
129. “What’s the good of news if you haven’t a sister to share it?” -James DeVries
130. “My brother and sister are both older than I am and were born before my father went off to World War I.” -Douglass North
131. “As a brother and sister, our tastes were pretty different growing up. He liked a lot of early hip-hop. My dad didn’t understand it and would try to talk him out of it.” -Taryn Manning
132. “If you are ambitious and want to do something big in your life, then you need to build a team. You can’t do something by yourself. Your brothers and sisters are your best team. Together you can do something great.” -Anonymous
133. “We shared parents, home, pets, celebrations, catastrophes, secrets. And the threads of our experience became so interwoven that we are linked. I can never be utterly lonely, knowing you share the planet.” -Pam Brown
134. “I grew up with six brothers. That’s how I learned to dance – waiting for the bathroom.” -Bob Hope
135. “A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” -Marion C. Garretty
136. “Brothers aren’t simply close; brothers are knit together.” -Robert Rivers
137. “A sibling is the lens through which you see your childhood.” -Ann Hood
138. “My mother used to tell me: “Always be polite to your sister. Unlike your friends, your sister will not come and go. She will remain constant in your life. You will always have your sister you can fall back on.” -Anonymous
139. “‘Friends grow up and move away. But the one thing that’s never lost is your sister.” -Gail Sheeny
140. “What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.” -Esther M. Friesner
Description:Brothers love to annoy their sisters all the time. Brothers have a different way to show affection for their sisters. However, these small fussy arguments add to your memories.
141. “My brother is worth a thousand of your friend.” -Game of Thrones
142. “The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out of his nose.” -Garrison Keillor
143. “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.” -Isadora James
144. “It is by chance that we are brother and sisters. But we are the best friends by choice.” -Anonymous