Charlie Chaplin was a legendary entertainer, filmmaker and writer who got popular for his remarkable silent comic films. His childhood was full of difficulties and poverty when he lost his father and mother was sent to a mental asylum.
Charlie Chaplin started working at a very young age, touring music halls and then performing as an actor and comedian. At the age of 19, he moved to America. Then he composed, directed, edited and produced the music for almost all his movies.
His need for money got turned into a great passion for development and production of films. He worked consistently for 75 years without fail and won an Honorary Academy Award for his remarkable efforts that made motion pictures the greatest art form of that time.
Know more about Charlie Chaplin.
1. “Life is a beautiful magnificent thing, even to a jellyfish.”
2. “You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.”
3. “I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.”
Subscribe to Motivational WizardGet a weekly email magazine jam-packed with all the best posts from Motivational Wizard.
4. “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.”
5. “A man’s true character comes out when he’s drunk.”
6. “We think too much and feel too little.”
7. “You’ll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile.”
8. “Your naked body should only belong to those who fall in love with your naked soul.”
9. “My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain.”
10. “Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone.”
11. “To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it.”
12. “Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.”
13. “Imagination means nothing without doing.”
14. “Perfect love is the most beautiful of all frustrations because it is more than one can express.”
15. “What do you want meaning for? Life is desire, not meaning.”
16. “Life can be wonderful if you’re not afraid of it. All it takes is courage, imagination … and a little dough.”
17. “That’s the trouble with the world. We all despise ourselves.”
18. “I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician.”
19. “Life is a play that does not allow testing. So, sing, cry, dance, laugh and live intensely, before the curtain closes and the piece ends with no applause.”
20. “You’ll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile.”
21. “Actors search for rejection. If they don’t get it they reject themselves.”
22. “Words are cheap. The biggest thing you can say is ‘elephant’.”
23. “Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference.”
24. “Life is a beautiful magnificent thing, even to a jellyfish.”
25. “The mirror is my best friend because when I cry it never laughs.”
26. “In the light of our egos, we are all dethroned monarchs.”
27. “I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician.”
28. “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.”
29. “We think too much and feel too little.”
30. “Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.”