Explore our newest compilation of Christmas tree quotes, designed to elevate your holiday spirits.
Christmas trees have long been a cherished part of the holiday tradition, with origins tracing back to Germany. The first American Christmas tree made its appearance in the 1830s, though resistance existed due to its pagan symbolism.
It wasn’t until 1846, when Queen Victoria and her family were seen alongside a beautifully adorned Christmas tree, that Americans began embracing this festive custom. Over time, these trees have become an iconic symbol of joy and togetherness during the holiday season.
Around the Christmas tree is where much of the holiday magic unfolds, from the joyous singing of carols to the exchange of gifts and the laughter shared with loved ones.
So, why should you delve into these Christmas tree quotes? There are several benefits:
- Gain a deeper appreciation for the significance of Christmas trees.
- Find motivation to decorate your own tree with enthusiasm.
- Keep the spirit of joy and merriment alive in your heart.
- Discover inspiration for your social media posts and Instagram captions.
- Feel the urge to bring home your very own Christmas tree.
Don’t miss out on our favorite Christmas tree quotes and sayings – they’re your ticket to a truly festive holiday season. Subscribe to Everyday Power for the latest updates and more straight to your inbox.
Read More: Best Christmas Quotes Of All Time
Table Of Contents
Uplifting Christmas Trees Quotes
1. “A Christmas tree, the perfect gift for a guy. The plant is already dead.” – Jay Leno
2. “Now I’m an old Christmas tree, the roots of which have died. They just come along and while the little needles fall off me replace them with medallions.” – Orson Welles
3. “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” — Charles M. Schulz
4. “Make your plate look like a Christmas tree,” I tell people, “mostly green with splashes of other bright colors.” – Victoria Moran
5. “Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.” — Edna Ferber
6. “The Christmas tree, twinkling with lights, had a mountain of gifts piled up beneath it, like offerings to the great god of excess.” – Tess Gerritsen
7. ”The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.” — Elf
8. “Taking down the Christmas tree makes it feel official: time to get back to joyless and cynical.” – Greg Fitzsimmons
9. “God crowns us. Most people crown their Christmas trees with either an angel or a star. God uses both.” ― Max Lucado
10. “Christmas tree stands are the work of the devil and they want you dead.” – Bill Bryson
11. “I lit up like a Christmas tree.” – Hazel Grace
12. “A smile can always be seen on even the most selfish and bitter person when viewing a well designed Christmas tree.” — James Hewitt
13. “They’ve got plastic Christmas trees now. They’re hard to tell from the real aluminum ones.” – Milton Berle
14. “In the southern hemisphere, covering the Christmas tree with fake snow even though winter has nothing to do with the birth of Christ.” ― Paulo Coelho
15. “I don’t know what I believe. I guess that makes me a Christmas tree agnostic.” ― Stephanie Perkins
You May Also Like: Merry Christmas Sister Quotes And Wishes
Meaningful Quotes About Christmas Trees
16. “Lots of people were activating phones under the Christmas tree.” – Peter Ritcher
17. “I grew up with a Christmas tree, I’m going to stay with a Christmas tree.” – Thomas Menino
18. “It’s hard to describe exactly what makes the perfect Christmas tree. The physical requirements are straightforward enough. The tree must stand tall and straight.” — Julie Salamon
19. “The smell of pine needles, spruce and the smell of a Christmas tree, those to me, are the scents of the holidays.” – Blake Lively
20. “I put up my Christmas tree entirely too early. I’m one of those people.” – Rachel Boston
21. “…freshly cut Christmas trees smelling of stars and snow and pine resin – inhale deeply and fill your soul with wintry night…”― John Geddes
22. “We really love decorating the Christmas tree around Christmas and have our little fun by playing Secret Santa.” – Sunny Singh
23. “If my Valentine you won’t be, I’ll hang myself on your Christmas tree.” – Ernest Hemingway
24. “There is something about spending Christmas alone, naked, sitting by the Christmas tree gripping a shotgun, that lets you know your life is spinning dangerously outta control.” ― Nikki Sixx
25. “At Christmas, all roads lead home.” — Marjorie Holmes
26. “Of all the special decorations with which we adorn our homes for the festive season of Christmas, the most popular is the Christmas tree.” — Rev. Cecil Andrew Newell
27. “She could not believe how lucky she was to have an ornament from Santa’s own tree.” ― James Barbato
28. “The perfect Christmas tree? All Christmas trees are perfect.” – Charles N. Barnard
29. “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” — Helen Steiner Rice
30. “Christmas works like glue. It keeps us all sticking together.” — Rosie Thomas
You May Also Like This: Christmas Eve Quotes
Hilarious Christmas Trees Quotes
31. “Now, the essence, the very spirit of Christmas is that we first make believe a thing is so, and lo, it presently turns out to be so. – Stephen Leacock
32. “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” – Peg Bracken
33. “There’s no experience quite like cutting your own live Christmas tree out of your neighbor’s yard.” – Dan Florence
34. “I love Christmas tree bulbs, and I started putting them in my paintings. You’ve got to plug this painting in, and it’s got a rig in the back, so that each one can be replaced if it burns out.” ― David Lynch
35. “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” – Norman Vincent Peale
36. “Christmas tree was something quite exotic. It nourished their desire for a piece of nature, for an open landscape where the wind blew and the air was sweet.” ― Julie Salamon
37. “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.” — Alexander Smith
38. “I grew up on a Christmas tree farm with all this space to run around, and the [freedom] to be a crazy kid with tangled hair.” ― Taylor Swift
39. “Christmas trees make us feel happy and uplifted.” – Jacqueline Farmer
40. “If God consistently sent lightning bolts in response to bad doctrine, our planet would sparkle nightly like a Christmas tree.” ― Philip Yancey
41. “Christmas is a piece of one’s home that one carries in one’s heart.” — Freya Stark
42. “Bringing the past and the present together with a tradition that was timeless to those who had grown up with Christmas tree.” — Fred Neuschel
43. “It’s not what’s under the Christmas tree that matters, it’s who’s around it.” – Charlie Brown
44. “Don’t you love Christmas? Anything goes wrong in the world, Christmas makes it go away. Decorations, carols, tree.” — David E. Kelley
45. “There’s nothing cozier than a Christmas tree all lit up.” ― Jenny Han
Read More: 50 Uplifting Quotes To Brighten Your Day
Additional Christmas Trees Quotes
46. “I bought a Christmas tree for twenty dollars. When I came home the next day, my wife was wearing it in her hair.” ― Milton Berle
47. “Actually, my ideal life would be to have an evergreen tree farm and, every December, I’d load them up and just stand out on the street and sell Christmas trees.” ― Willis Earl Beal
48. “Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us.” — David Cameron
49. “Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.” – Larry Wilde
50. “Christmas to me is as many people as possible happy.” — Tupac Shakur
51. “Christmas is forever, not for just one day. For loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away.” — Norman Wesley Brooks
52. “Christmas! The very word brings joy to our hearts.” – Joan Winmill Brown
53. “I stone got crazy when I saw somebody run down them strings with a bottleneck. My eyes lit up like a Christmas tree and I said that I had to learn.” ― Muddy Waters
54. “Nothing ever seems too bad, too hard or too sad when you’ve got a Christmas tree in the living room.” – Nora Roberts
55. “It still feels weird to spend money on Christmas trees. Back when Mom was alive, we’d go out ‘tree hunting.’”― Jenny Han
56. “The best Christmas trees come very close to exceeding nature.”― Andy Rooney
57. “I may be biased, but even without all of these fancy decorations, Christmas trees are special. Cause they remind us this is the season, that we should all love one another.” — John Loy
58. “Christmas trees don’t grow on trees; they need rainbows, lumberjacks, and Leprechauns on unicorns playing jock jams on glockenspiel.” – Ryan Ross
59. “It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.” – William Thomas Ellis
You May Also Like This: Inspirational Easter Quotes For A Season Of Rebirth And Renewa
Elevate Your Holiday Spirit With Inspiring Christmas Tree Quotes
60. “Christmas trees remind us of better times yet to come.” – James Hewitt
61. “A glittering Christmas tree, trimmed for the holiday season, is a joyful sight.” — Jacqueline Farmer
62. “Yes, a Christmas tree is something we cannot do without.” – Stan Berenstain
63. “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” – Burton Hillis
64. “Christmas is the keeping-place for memories of our innocence.” — Joan Mills
65. “May your days be merry and bright.” — White Christmas
66. “The Christmas tree is a symbol of love, not money.” – Andy Rooney
67. “Be like the Christmas tree; evergreen, shining, full of lights, and full of gifts.” — Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
68. “I was only kicking down the Christmas tree to get the star on top.” – Ray Bradbury
69. “Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality.” – Washington Irving
70. “Some Christmas tree ornaments do more than glitter and glow, they represent a gift of love given a long time ago.” – Tom Baker
Read More: Christmas Vacation Quotes
The holiday season wouldn’t be complete without the presence of Christmas trees. We trust these quotes have successfully ignited your festive cheer!
Team Motivational Wizard believes in the power of inspirational quotes and saying to create meaningful change. Motivational Wizard loves being a go-to resource when you’re on the hunt for some inspirational quotes, motivational quotes, positive messages, productivity tips and more. Catch Team Motivational Wizard online at Facebook and Instagram.