Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel (1883-1971) was a French fashion designer and businesswoman who revolutionized women’s fashion in the early 20th century. She is credited with popularizing a more comfortable and practical style of clothing for women, freeing them from the constraints of corsets and other restrictive garments.
Chanel was born in Saumur, France, and spent her early years in an orphanage after her mother died and her father abandoned her. She learned to sew during her time at the orphanage and later worked as a seamstress and cabaret singer.
You May Also Like: Denzel Washington Quotes About Perseverance And Hard Work
In 1910, Chanel opened her first hat shop in Paris, which quickly expanded to include clothing designs. Her signature style featured simple, elegant designs made from luxurious materials such as silk and wool, and she popularized the “little black dress” as a versatile wardrobe staple.
Chanel also designed accessories such as handbags and jewelry, and her iconic Chanel No. 5 perfume remains a bestseller to this day. She was known for her sharp business sense and entrepreneurial spirit, and she built a successful fashion empire that continues to thrive after her death.
Similar Post: David Suzuki Quotes On Environment And All Living Things
Despite her success, Chanel’s personal life was marked by controversy and tragedy. She had a tumultuous affair with a Nazi officer during World War II, which damaged her reputation in post-war France. She never married or had children and died in 1971 at the age of 87.
Take a look at the Coco Chanel’s most memorable, inspiring, and outspoken quotes here.
Famous Coco Chanel Quotes
1. Elegance is refusal.
2. Passion goes, Boredom remains.
3. Be classy. Anything but trashy.
4. There is no fashion for the old.
5. Great loves too must be endured.
6. I don’t do fashion, I AM fashion.
7. A woman has the age she deserves.
8. Fashion changes, but style endures.
9. Never a button without a buttonhole.
10. A woman with good shoes is never ugly!
11. Don’t be like the rest of them, darling.
12. Fashion is made to become unfashionable.
13. Sin can be forgiven, but stupid is forever.
14. Fashion fades, only style remains the same.
15. If you’re sad, add more lipstick and attack.
16. To achieve great things, we must first dream
17. Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future.
18. Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.
19. My life didn’t please me, so I created my life.
20. A woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.
More Quotes: Daniel Ricciardo Quotes, Funny and Inspirational
21. You live but once; you might as well be amusing.
22. A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.
23. Beauty Should Begin in the Heart and Soul, otherwise cosmetics are useless.
24. Money for me has only one sound: liberty.
25. A woman can be over dressed but never over elegant.
26. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
27. A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.
28. Women have always been the strong ones of the world.
29. Elegance does not consist in putting on a new dress.
30. Guilt is perhaps the most painful companion of death.
31. A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life.
32. Only those with no memory insist on their originality.
33. Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions.
34. Coquetry, it’s a triumph of the spirit over the senses.
35. Dress like you are going to meet your worst enemy today.
36. There are people who have money and people who are rich.
37. Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity.
38. Elegance comes from being as beautiful inside as outside.
39. A fashion that does not reach the streets is not a fashion
40. In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.
Interesting Quotes: Carl von Clausewitz Quotes About Warfare and Military Strategy
41. No elegance is possible without perfume. It is the unseen, unforgettable, ultimate accessory.
42. A woman is closest to being naked when she is well dressed.
43.I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.
44. The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.
45. As long as you know men are like children, you know everything!
46. No one is young after forty, but one can be irresistible at any age
47. Men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness.
48. The best color in the whole world is the one that looks good on you.
49. It’s not the rooms, it’s the life you live in them.
50. If you’re sad, add more lipstick and attack. Men hate women who weep.
More Thoughts: Cardi B Quotes About Attitude, Self-confidence, Empowerment
51. For a woman betrayal has no sense – one cannot betray one’s passions.
52. He will soon be claiming that the Resistance has liberated the world.
53. Capel said, Remember that you’re a woman. All too often I forgot that.
54. Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.
55. Innovation! One cannot be forever innovating. I want to create classics
56. Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.
57. If you were born without wings, do nothing to prevent them from growing.
58. Look for the woman in the dress. If there is no woman, there is no dress.
59. Adornment, what a science! Beauty, what a weapon! Modesty, what elegance!
60. There is a time for work, and a time for love. That leaves no other time.
61. Luxury lies not in the richness of things, but in the absence of vulgarity
62. The more stupid and unlucky man is, the more claims he makes to the woman.
63. In fashion, you know you have succeeded when there is an element of upset.
64. Women hide their imperfections instead of accepting them as an added charm.
65. I only drink Champagne on two occasions, when I am in love and when I am not.
66. Fashion has two purposes: comfort and love. Beauty comes when fashion succeeds.
67. I was the one who changed, it wasn’t fashion. I was the one who was in fashion.
68. How many cares one loses when one decides not to be something but to be someone.
69. If a man talks bad about all women, it usually means he was burned by one woman.
70. Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.
Click For More Quotes: Brian Clough Quotes On Teamwork, Perseverance And Dedication
71. No matter the age, a woman who is unloved is lost – unloved she might as well die.
72. The best things in life are free. The second best things are very, very expensive.
73. Where should one use perfume? a young woman asked. Wherever one wants to be kissed.
74. Nothing makes a woman look older than obvious expensiveness, ornateness, complicatpon
75. Costume jewelry is not made to give women an aura of wealth, but to make them beautiful
76. The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive.
77. When I find a colour darker than black, I’ll wear it. But until then, I’m wearing black!
78. I imposed black; it still going strong today, for black wipes out everything else around
79. Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.
80. I like fashion to go down to the street, but I can’t accept that it should originate there.
81. You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life.
82. Those who create are rare; those who cannot are numerous. Therefore, the latter are stronger.
83. Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity.
84. Everyone marries the Duke of Westminster. There are a lot of duchesses, but only one .
85. Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.
86. I don’t know why women want any of the things men have when one the things that women have is men.
87. Beauty begins in the moment you decide to be yourself.
88. There is nothing worse than solitude. Solitude can help a man realize himself; but it destroys a woman
89. Luxury is a necessity that begins where necessity ends.
90. There goes a woman who knows all the things that can be taught and none of the things that cannot be taught.
You May Also Like: Bette Davis Quotes Worth Reading and Sharing.
91. A woman’s education consists of two lessons: never leave the house without stocking, never go out without a hat.
92. It is unseen, unforgettable, ultimate accessory of fashion that heralds your arrival and prolongs your departure.
93. There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time.
94. I invented my life by taking for granted that everything I did not like would have an opposite, which I would like.
95. Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve.
96. I wanted to give a woman comfortable clothes that would flow with her body. A woman is closest to being naked when she is well-dressed.
97. Arrogance is in everything I do. It is in my gestures, the harshness of my voice, in the glow of my gaze, in my sinewy, tormented face.
98. There are rich people, and there are those who have money. They are not the same people.
99. Women think of all colors except the absence of color. I have said that black has it all. White too. Their beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony.
100. Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.