Being more confident when suffering from low self-esteem (for any reason!) requires effort. However, with the help of some positive quotes on confidence and the support of your friends and family will help you increase your confidence gradually and begin to turn your self-defeating thoughts around.
It doesn’t matter if you’re depressed on yourself due to not earning enough money, struggle with a poor body image in the present or are dealing with something completely different choosing appropriate tools that can change your outlook can help end the cycle of self-confidence issues no matter where the issue comes from.
If you ever need some motivation, check out these 30 confidence-building quotes to get a boost instantly. Not only will they help you stop negative feelings in their tracks, they’ll remind you just how great you are, too–even as a self-proclaimed “work-in-progress”–and we could all use a little more of that!
1. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.-Norman Vincent Peale
2. When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things.-Joe Namath
3. With confidence, you have won before you have started.-Marcus Garvey
4. If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life.-Marcus Garvey
5. You just have to be yourself and go full with confidence and be courageous.-Gabby Douglas
6. Confidence… thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-Franklin D. Roosevelt
Subscribe to Motivational WizardGet a weekly email magazine jam-packed with all the best posts from Motivational Wizard.
7. The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.-William Jennings Bryan
8. Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it.-Bruce Lee
9. You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.-Eleanor Roosevelt
10. Low self-confidence isn’t a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered–just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better.-Barrie Davenport
11. Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.-E.E. Cummings
12. Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.-Golda Meir
13. It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.-Oprah Winfrey
14. To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.-Ralph Waldo Emerson
15. Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.-Peter T. Mcintyre
16. Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.-Dr. Benjamin Spock
17. Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have.-Brian Tracy
18. Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.-Christopher Robin
19. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.-Eleanor Roosevelt
20. If you’re presenting yourself with confidence, you can pull off pretty much anything.-Katy Perry
21. As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
22. Confidence is the sexiest attribute a woman can have. If you feel good, you’ll look good.-Author Unknown
23. If you love yourself, it will all work out.-Britney Spears
24. You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.-Michael Jordan
25. I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.-Lucille Ball
26. A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.-Author Unknown
27. If you believe in yourself enough and know what you want, you’re gonna make it happen.-Mariah Carey
28. Confidence is silent. Insecurities are loud.-Author Unknown
29. Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t, pretend that you do and, at some point, you will.-Venus Williams