David Goggins (born February 17, 1975) is an American ultramarathon runner, ultra-distance cyclist, triathlete, motivational speaker. He is the only member of the US Armed Forces to complete SEAL training, US Army Ranger School, and Air Force Tactical Air Controller training. He’s also the current Guinness record holder for the most number of pull-ups done in 24 hours. He authored a self-help memoir Can’t Hurt Me, which was released in 2018.
Here’re 30 David Goggins quotes on suffering, truth, dream, pain and self discovery which will help you expand your mind.
Table Of Contents
Inspirational David Goggins Quotes
1. You have to build calluses on your brain just like how you build calluses on your hands. Callus your mind through pain and suffering.
2. Everything in life is a mind game! Whenever we get swept under by life’s dramas, large and small, we are forgetting that no matter how bad the pain gets, no matter how harrowing the torture, all bad things end.
3. It’s easier to accept the fact that you’re just not good enough. We all have a lot more than we think we have.
4. You are stopping you, you are giving up instead of getting hard.
5. Always be willing to embrace ignorance, because that is the only way to expand your body of knowledge and body of work. It’s the only way to expand your mind.
6. We have the ability to go in such a space, if you’re willing to suffer, and I mean suffer, your brain and body once connected together, can do anything.
7. You will never learn from people if you always tap dance around the truth.
Motivational David Goggins Quotes
8. In the military we always say we don’t rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training.
9. I thought I’d solved a problem when really I was creating new ones by taking the path of least resistance.
10. No one is going to come help you. No one’s coming to save you.
11. We’re either getting better or we’re getting worse.
12. When you fall down, focus on the solution, not the problem. You might quit or fail 100 times. Keep that clear picture of where you want to be.
13. You can will yourself to do almost anything you want.
David Goggins Quotes From Autobiography ‘Can’t Hurt Me’
14. You are in danger of living a life so comfortable and soft, that you will die without ever realizing your true potential.
15. It’s a lot more than mind over matter. It takes relentless self-discipline to schedule suffering into your day, every day.
16. Don’t get mad at others because life is kicking your ass.
17. Success is based on your willingness to work your ass off no matter what obstacles are in your way.
18. Life isn’t always about doing the things we like to do. It’s about doing things we have to do.
19. it’s possible to transcend anything that doesn’t kill you.
David Goggins Quotes About Failure
20. It’s about what we do with opportunities revoked or presented to us that determine how a story ends.
21. A lot of us don’t know about another world that exists for us because it’s on the other side of suffering. That’s the real growth in life.
22. Suffering is a test. That’s all it is. Suffering is the true test of life.
23. Pain unlocks a secret doorway in the mind, one that leads to both peak performance, and beautiful silence.
24. I don’t stop when I’m tired. I stop when I’m done.
David Goggins Quotes About Empowering
25. You want to be uncommon amongst uncommon people. Period.
26. There’s a bunch of guys that don’t like me and I don’t give a (expletive). I’m a warrior.
27. Life is one big tug-of-war between mediocrity and trying to find your best self.
David Goggins Quotes About Success
28. Don’t worry about the elements around you and what’s going on. You gotta get out there and get it.
29. This life is all a f*cking mind game. Realise that. Own it!
30. If you can get through doing things that you hate to do, on the other side is greatness.