When life gets tough, sometimes all we can do is stand tall and face the sun – just like the stately sunflower. Seeing a field of giant yellow flowers can’t help but bring a smile to our face.
Many poets and writers have written about this flower for many years. Sunflowers are a symbol of hope and happiness, and remind us that even on the darkest days, there is always something to look forward to.
In Native American folklore, the sunflower is a symbol of long life and good fortune. The Incas associated sunflowers with the sun god, and believed that they had the power to bring light and energy to the world.
In China, sunflowers are often given as gifts to friends and loved ones, as they are seen as a symbol of happiness and good luck.
No matter what culture you come from, it’s hard to deny the power of the sunflower. This beautiful flower reminds us that no matter what life throws our way, there is always something to be thankful for.
So the next time you’re feeling down, look to the sunflower for a little bit of hope and happiness.
With summer coming to a close, now is the perfect time to take advantage of all the warm weather activities before they’re gone! One activity you can do with your family is growing sunflowers or taking a trip to a nearby sunflower field.
If neither of those are feasible for you at the moment, here are some inspirational and cute quotes about sunflowers for you to enjoy.
Table Of Contents
Subscribe to Motivational WizardGet a weekly email magazine jam-packed with all the best posts from Motivational Wizard.
Sunflower Quotes Short
1. We’re all golden sunflowers inside. – Allen Ginsberg
2. I plant sunflowers and get back daily joy – Nadine Locke
3. The road to freedom is bordered with sunflowers. – Martin Firrell
4. Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It’s what sunflowers do.- Helen Keller
5. Advice from a sunflower. Be bright sunny and positive. Know your roots. Spread seeds of happiness. Rise, shine and hold your head up high. Keep on growing. Even on the darkest days, stand tall and find the sunlight.
6. Every friend is to the other a sun, and a sunflower also. He attracts and follows. – Jean Paul
7. A sunflower for my sunflower. To brighten the dark October days you hate so much. Plant some more, and be safe in the knowledge a warm and bright summer awaits. – Cecelia Ahern
8. Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. – James Matthew Barrie
9. Light-enchanted sunflower, thou Who gazest ever true and tender On the sun’s revolving splendour. – Pedro Calderon de la Barca
10. Sunflowers in spring, they’re just like you / Sunflower wipe away your tears / All your doubts and fears / You were born to fly, so high.-Alice Peacock
Be Like A Sunflower Quote
11. Open the bloom of your heart and become a gift of beauty to the world.- Bryant McGill
12. Mom has a massive sunflower for a soul so big there’s hardly any room in her for organs. ―Jandy Nelson
13. Who knows what may lie around the next corner? There may be a window somewhere ahead. It may look out on a field of sunflowers. -Joe Hill
14. Which way will the sunflower turn surrounded by millions of suns? – Allen Ginsberg
15. What a lonely place it would be to have a world without a wildflower. – Roland R. Kemler
16. True friends are like bright sunflowers that never fade away, even over distance and time. ― Marie Williams Johnstone
17. Look at the sunny side of everything.- Christian D. Larsen
18. Make it like a sunflower. – Steve Jobs
19. If roses tried to be sunflowers, they would lose their beauty; and if sunflowers tried to be roses, they would lose their strength. ― Matshona Dhliwayo
20. Turn your face to the sun, and shadows follow behind you. – an old Maori proverb.
21. Tomorrow it may rain, so I’ll follow the sun. – The Beatles
Sunflower Quotes For Her
22. A rose can never be a sunflower, and a sunflower can never be a rose. All flowers are beautiful in their own way, and that’s like woman too.
23. Let a hundred flowers bloom. – Mao Zedong
24. The flower heads track the movement of the sun throughout the day – hence the name.
25. Space for the sunflower, bright with yellow glow, to court the sky. – Caroline Gilman
26. Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It’s what sunflowers do. – Helen Keller
27. To just have one sunflower would make me happy.
28. True friends are like bright sunflowers that never fade away, even over distance and time. – Marie Williams Johnstone
29. I want to be like a sunflower so that even on the darkest days I will stand tall and find the sunlight.
30. In a crowd of roses, choose to be a sunflower. Thornless. Unwithering. Abundant in seeds. – JaTawny M. Chatmon
Sunflower Love Quotes
31. Smile to the world and smile to the people you love, as a sunflower smiles at the sun.- Remez Sasson
32. All flowers are beautiful in their own way, and that’s like women too. – Miranda Kerr
33. I want to be like a sunflower so that even on the darkest days I will stand tall and find the sunlight. – Unknown
34. The road to freedom is bordered with sunflowers – Martin Firrel.
35. I chose a sunflower because when darkness descends they close up to regenerate. – Halle Berry
36. And the yellow sunflower by the brook, in autumn beauty stood. – William Cullen Bryant
37. Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace. – Old French Proverb
38. Stand tall and face the sun.
Sunflower Quotes For Him
39. Sunflowers are like people to me. – Joan Mitchell
40. Despite knowing they won’t be here for long, they still choose to live their brightest lives — sunflowers. – Rupi Kaur
41. The sunflower is a favorite emblem of constancy. – Thomas Bulfinch
42. Wherever the sun goes / The sunflower will follow / Through all of the pain / And all of the sorrow. – Londrelle
43. Never look directly at the sun, instead look at the sunflower. – Vera Nazarian
44. As well as looking stunning in our gardens, sunflowers are grown as crops. The seeds are harvested to make sunflower oil or used elsewhere in the food industry.
45. Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It’s what sunflowers do. – Helen Keller
46. A sunflower teaches us so much about love. – Samrah Ahmad
47. Big doesn’t necessarily mean better. Sunflowers aren’t better than violets. – Edna Ferber
48. The morning glories and the sunflowers turn naturally toward the light, but we have to be taught, it seems. – Richard Rohr
49. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant. – Robert Louis Stevensen
50. The tallest sunflower recorded was over thirty feet tall!
Sunflower Friendship Quotes
51. Sunflower heads are packed with sunflower seeds, so they’re a fantastic source of food for wild birds and other garden wildlife.
52. Yellow is my favorite summer color – it makes me feel like a sunflower.-Bria Vinaite
53. Sunflowers (also known as Helianthus) originate from the Americas.
54. The flower that follows the sun does so even in cloudy days.- Robert Leighton
55. The sunflower is mine, in a way. – Vincent Van Gogh
56. A sunflower field is like a sky with a thousand suns – Corina Abdulahm-Negura
57. Let us dance in the sun, wearing wildflowers in our hair. – Susan Polis Schutz
58. And here the sunflower of the spring burns bright in the morning’s beam. – Ebenezer Elliott
59. Like a single sunbeam on a warm summer day, there is an exuberance and brilliance in a sunflower.
60. Space for the sunflower, bright with yellow glow, To court the sky.
Sunflower Morning Quotes
61. And here the sunflower of the spring burns bright in the morning’s beam. Ebenezer Elliott
62. A long time ago in a kingdom by the sea there lived a princess as tall and bright as a sunflower.-Jeanne Desy
63. There are around seventy different species of sunflowers, with a wide variety of heights and colours to choose from.
64. Sunflowers end up facing the sun, but they go through a lot of dirt to find their way there. ― J.R. Rim
65. Turn your face to the sun, and shadows follow behind you.- Maori Proverb
66. Don’t let the tall weeds cast a shadow on the beautiful flowers in your garden.- Steve Maraboli
67. Does she realise she looks like a sunflower, ready to rain sunlight on all who look down upon her? – Simone Elkeles
68. A sunflower is always sun-kissed.
69. Restless sunflower; cease to move. – Pedro Calderon de la Barca
70. Each sunflower is made up of thousands of tiny flowers.