1. A hobby a day keeps the doldrums away. -Phyllis McGinley
2. A hobby is only fun if you don’t have time to do it. -Leo Beenhakker
3. A hobby is the result of a distorted view of things. It is putting a planet in the place of a sun. -John Lancaster Spalding
4. The cultivation of a hobby and new forms of interest is a policy of first importance to a public man. -Winston Churchill
5. The finest thing about a hobby is that you can’t do any pretending about it. You either like it or you don’t. -Dorothy Draper
6. A hobby is, of course, an abomination, as are all consuming interests and passions that do not lead directly to large, personal gain. -Fran Lebowitz
7. The most expensive hobby a rich man could have is a boat, and the second most expensive hobby he could have is a very old house. -Barbara Corcoran
8. Hobbies are a contradiction; they take work and turn it into leisure, and take leisure and turn it into work. -Steven M. Gelber
9. Hobbies take place in the cellar and smell of airplane glue. -John Updike
10. The worst of all hobbies are those that people think they can get money at. They shoot their money down like corn out of a sack then. -George Eliot
11. Hobbies are apt to run away with us, you know; it doesn’t do to be run away with. We must keep the reins. -George Eliot
12. A hobby is a happy medium between a passion and a monomania. -Honoré de Balzac
13. Hobbies are for people that don’t like what they’re doing. -Stefan Sagmeister
14. Hobbies are great distractions from the worries and troubles that plague daily living. -Bill Malone
15. A hobby is labor disguising itself as leisure. It is extremely destructive to the boundaries of private life. -Bauvard
Explore these powerful Indian army quotes
16. Make thy recreation servant to thy business, lest thou become a slave to thy recreation. -Francis Quarles
17. Recreation and diversion are as necessary to our well-being as the more serious pursuits of life. -Brigham Young
18. Recreation is nothing but a change of work-an occupation for the hands by those who live by their brains, or for the brains by those who live by their hands. -Dorothy Thompson
19. Recreation is intended to the mind as whetting is to the scythe, to sharpen the edge of it, which otherwise would grow dull and blunt,–as good no scythe as no edge. -Joseph Hall
20. When your hobbies get in the way of your work – that’s OK; but when your hobbies get in the way of themselves… well. -Steve Martin
21. Hobbies are for wimps who don’t have the guts to follow their passion. -Valerie Thomas
22. The best pastimes for a true enjoyer of leisure who has to stay at home. .: reading by the fireside. . . . Listening to music. -Salvador De Madariaga
23. Hobbies of any kind are boring except to people who have the same hobby. This is also true of religion, although you will not find me saying so in print. -Dave Barry
24. Hobbies are for pleasure, but rituals keep you going. -David Mitchell
25. But a hobby, like a habit, makes you forget about important things in life. -Margo Kaufman
26. Using your talent, hobby or profession in a way that makes you contribute with something good to this world is truly the way to go. -Simon Zingerman
27. Beware the hobby that eats. -Benjamin Franklin
28. No hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To wish to do it is reason enough. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry. -Aldo Leopold
29. Hobbies are both a mystery and a delight. They’re a mystery because many people with hobbies don’t always share them with others. They’re a delight because of the pure joy they provide to the hobbyist, making hours pass like minutes! -Willet Ryder
30. As soon as you take your hobby and make it into your profession, it sort of kills it as a hobby. -John Knoll
31. Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane. –
32. Saving the world is only a hobby. Most of the time I do nothing. –
33. My passion always runs ahead of my abilities. But in the process of keeping a close second, my abilities get a great workout. –
34. If you plan to make your hobby your work, make something else your hobby. You will still need hobbies. –
35. If you are losing your leisure, look out! — It may be you are losing your soul. –
36. If you don’t stick to your values when they’re being tested, they’re not values: they’re hobbies. -Jon Stewart
37. I don’t have a lot of hobbies. I don’t play golf. I don’t have any children. Things that occupy people’s time. I just try to take jobs. -Christopher Walken
38. Making money is a hobby that will complement any other hobbies you have, beautifully. -Scott Alexander
39. Hobbies of any kind are boring except to people who have the same hobby. This is also true of religion, although you will not find me saying so in print. -Dave Barry
40. The point of my work is to show that culture and education aren’t simply hobbies or minor influences. -Pierre Bourdieu
You may also like self love quotes to appreciate yourself
41. Writing is a crummy profession, but a good hobby.
42. My hobby is my work. I have the best of both worlds because I love what I do. Do I ever get tired of it? Not so far.
43. Happy is the man who can make a living by his hobby.
44. There is a very fine line between hobby and mental illness.
45. When a habit begins to cost money, it’s called a hobby.
46. I put quite a few trees in last autumn. A lot of silver birch and a couple of native trees – just generally doing gardening, putting plants in and hedges in. It takes quite a lot of time and I love it.
47. After a good, successful torture, she was as happy as I ever saw her. I guess everyone needed a hobby.
48. A young actor once asked me, What do you do between jobs? I said, Hobbies, hobbies, and more hobbies.
49. Retirement gives you the time literally to recreate yourself through a sport, game, or hobby that you always wanted to try or that you haven’t done in years. -Steven D. Price
50. We should make some time in between and organize our life, relax ourselves and spend more time with our family, friends, and pursue our own hobbies. -Robert Gallagher
51. Finnegans Wake took him seventeen years to write, a length of time that suggests an elaborate hobby rather than a passionate desire to create something.
52. But, of course, one relies on the everyday people who just simply like your music, for whom you may not be a hobby but they enjoy being in your presence at a concert.
53. A hobby is a labor disguising itself as leisure. It is extremely destructive to the boundaries of private life.
54. A guy truly loves you when missing you is his hobby, caring for you is his job, making you happy is his duty, and loving you is his life.
55. Some of you women are miserable as hell because you rely on love for happiness. Stop acting like a child and find a damn hobby.
56. Music is more of a hobby to me than my hobbies if that makes sense. I love music; my dad and brother were very musical, and music just happens to be one of my hobbies that became my vocation.
57. I can elect something I love and absorb myself in it.
58. A good book is the best of friends, the same today and forever.
59. What is this life, it full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.
60. Reading is the noblest of all the hobbies, that is why people mention it so frequently in their resume even if they don’t read much. -Amit Kalantri
61. Gardening adds years to your life and life to your years.
62. No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth, and no culture comparable to that of the garden. -Thomas Jefferson
63. Hobby means doing something for the fun of it, not necessarily to make a living. -Theresa A. Husarik
64. The main thing to remember is this. Your new hobby is supposed to be fun. -Mark D. Smith
65. Knitting is a relaxing hobby that you can do anytime, anywhere. It is also cheaper because you do not need to buy a lot of materials and equipment. -Tatyana Williams
You may also like never give up quotes
66. There are more opportunities now than ever before to even make a small, part-time business out of a hobby you love. -Sarah Lillard
67. One of the greatest ways to triumph over wanting to eat constantly is to teach yourself how to focus on something else — something you enjoy doing. In other words, get a hobby! -Nancy S. Mure
68. There is no better confidence or self-esteem boost than learning a new skill, trade, piece of software, or even a new hobby. It will give you that sense of accomplishment we all like to experience.” -Christopher Epstein
69. In their time away from work and the hassles of daily life, people tend to display their passions and personal interests. Someone’s hobbies can reveal a lot about their personality. -David S. Walton
70. Engage in tasks and hobbies that bring you joy, like reading a book or going for a run. -Jeff Gunn
71. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. -George Carlin
72. Hobbies may eventually grow into a major activity that brings money. -Sunday Adelaja
73. For those of us who consider ourselves photographers, photography usually starts out as a hobby. -Kristen Jensen
74. Having a hobby is a great way to reduce the amount of stress you feel. -Craig W. Baird
75. A close and thoughtful reading of the table of contents will move you way ahead in getting your mind around a book and its contents with the least effort. -Gary Hoover
76. Happy is the man who can make a living by his hobby. -George Bernard Shaw
77. Today is life – the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto. -Dale Carnegie