Parenting is one of the most challenging and rewarding responsibilities. It’s a long road that requires courage, determination, and perseverance.
Parenting quotes are often used as a guide for new parents to raise their children to be empathetic and sensible people.
It also gives you insight into what it means to be a parent and how your actions affect your child. In this post, we’ve compiled some parenting quotes that will help you become a better parent.
The bond between parent and child is unconditional love. Parents are their children’s first teachers and role models. But this wonderful relationship must be nurtured like the plants in a garden to grow into a strong and beautiful tree. Opportunity or daily needs to be verbalized and evaluated.
These heartfelt parenting quotes explain their journey and make every endeavor extra special. If you say parenting is easy, you must be Pluto. That’s the challenging and rewarding part, and a little motivation to keep you going doesn’t hurt.
Keeping up with this inspirational parenting quotes infographic will get you on this rollercoaster ride with your kids.
Depending on who you ask, parenthood is either a sweet dream or a weird nightmare, and sometimes both at the same time.
Regardless, there is no denying that parenthood brings back great memories. It’s often confusing and sometimes tedious. Especially if your kids haven’t mastered tidying up yet.
When you’re not sure if you should scream and run away or cry and run away, listening to parenting quotes can help you feel calm, safe, and not alone. Or maybe it gives you a reason to laugh it all off.
Table Of Contents
Positive Parenting Quotes
1. Good parenting give headaches but bad parenting gives heartaches. – Shiv Khera
2. The gain is not the having of children; it is the discovery of love and how to be loving. – Polly Berrien Berends
3. Listen to the desires of your children. Encourage them and then give them the autonomy to make their own decision. – Denis Waitley
4. With parenting, like any other skill in life, practice makes perfect. – Jo Swinson
5. Poor parenting may be reflected in poor sibling relationships. – Robert J. Waldinger
6. Hugs can do great amounts of good, especially for children. – Princess Diana
7. Don’t worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you. – Robert Fulghum
8. Nothing you do for children is ever wasted. They seem not to notice us, hovering, averting our eyes, and they seldom offer thanks, but what we do for them is never wasted. – Garrison Keillor
9. If you bungle raising your children, I don’t think whatever else you do matters very much. – Jackie Kennedy
Bad Parenting Quotes
10. There is no such thing as a perfect parent. So just be a real one.
11. The unconditional love for you child, it’s truly amazing. – Jourdan Dunn
12. The well-being and welfare of children should always be our focus. – Todd Tiahrt
13. Children are our second chance to have a great parent-child relationship. – Laura Schlessinger
14. Your child needs your presence more than your presents. – Jesse Jackson
15. We should never permit ourselves to do anything that we are not willing to see our children do. We should set them an example that we wish them to imitate. – Brigham Young
16. Every word, facial expression, gesture, or action on the part of a parent gives the child some message about self-worth. – Virginia Satir
17. Even as kids reach adolescence, they need more than ever for us to watch over them. Adolescence is not about letting go. It’s about hanging on during a very bumpy ride. – Ron Taffel
18. Parents need to fill a child’s bucket of self-esteem so high that the rest of the world can’t poke enough holes to drain it dry. – Alvin Price
19. There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings. – Hodding Carter
20. Parenting should always come from a place of unconditional loving. – Fiona Dimas-Herd
Parenting Teenagers Quotes
21. Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a tree. — Anonymous
22. Parenting is the biggest sacrifice one can make. It’s putting your life on hold to fulfill the promise of your children’s tomorrow. – Anonymous
23. Parents are the ultimate role models for children. Every word, every movement, and action affects. No other person or outside force has a greater influence on a child than a parent. – Bob Keeshan
24. What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do but in exchange it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love. – Nicholas Sparks
25. Interacting with mom and dad will help develop a child’s cognitive skills. Toys are great but you are far superior to any item you can buy. – Anonymous
26. Always kiss your children goodnight, even if they’re already asleep. – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
27. Be the parent today that you want your kids to remember tomorrow. – Anonymous
28. The best way to keep children at home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant, and let the air out of the tires. – Dorothy Parker
29. Having a child is like getting a tattoo on your face. You better be committed. – Elizabeth Gilbert
30. Perhaps it takes courage to raise children. – John Steinbeck
31. One thing I had learned from watching chimpanzees with their infants is that having a child should be fun. – Jane Goodall
32. Leave your pride, ego, and narcissism somewhere else. Reactions from those parts of you will reinforce your children’s most primitive fears. – Henry Cloud
33. When you put faith, hope and love together, you can raise positive kids in a negative world. – Zig Ziglar
34. If you are a parent, open doors to unknown directions to the child so he can explore. Don’t make him afraid of the unknown, give him support. – Osho
35. If you want your children to improve, let them overhear the nice things you say about them to others. – Haim Ginott
36. I am in charge of being calm. No matter how my child behaves. – Anonymous
37. Great parenting happens when you start controlling yourself and stop controlling your child. – Anonymous
38. There is no such thing as perfect parent. So just be a real one. – Sue Atkins
39. Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy. – Tina Fey
40. There is no greater leadership challenge than parenting. – Jim Rohn
Funny Parenting Quotes
41. When I tell my kids I’ll do something in a minute, what I’m really saying is “Please forget.”
41. Don’t raise your kids to have more than you had, raise them to be more than you were. – Anonymous
42. It’s the little things you do day in and day out that count. That’s the way you teach your children. – Amanda Pays
43. Each day we make deposits in the memory banks of our children. – Charles Swindoll
44. Many times, when I was having a hard time with one of my children, God would always remind me that He was having a harder time with me than I was with them. – Charlie Tremendous Jones
45. The way we treat our children directly impacts what they believe about themselves. – Ariadne Brill
46. Life affords no greater responsibility, no greater privilege, than the raising of the next generation. – C. Everett Koop
47. Sometimes in our attempt to give children what we did not have, we forget to give our children what we did have. – Connie Podesta
Co Parenting Quotes
48. Though we are broken, but, we can still show the world that broken is beautiful by co-parenting our child
49. Be the person you want your child to be. – Betsy Brown
50. At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child’s success is the positive involvement of parents. – Jane D. Hull
51. I came to parenting the way most of us do, knowing nothing and trying to learn everything. – Mayim Bialik
52. Encourage and support your kids because children are apt to live up to what you believe of them. – Lady Bird Johnson
53. Parenting is not for sissies. You have to sacrifice and grow up. – Jillian Michaels
54. The way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice. – Peggy O’Mara
Toxic Co Parenting Quotes
55. Don’t let their past abuse define you for the rest of your life.
56. When little people are overwhelmed by big emotions, it’s our job to share our calm, not join their chaos. – L.R. Knost
57. It is time for parents to teach young people that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength. – Maya Angelou
58. The best way to make children good is to make them happy. – Oscar Wilde
59. Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands. – Anne Frank
60. The Golden Rule of Parenting is; do unto your children as you wish your parents had done unto you. – Louise Hart
61. You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance. – Franklin P. Adams
62. Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best. – Bob Talbert
63. Loving a child doesn’t mean giving in to all his whims; to love him is to bring out the best in him, to teach him to love what is difficult. – Nadia Boulanger
64. There’s really no point in having children if you’re not going to be home enough to father them. – Anthony Edwards
The amazing thing about parenting is that you learn more about yourself with each passing day and each milestone.
Sure, the fear of spoiling your child may never go away, but eventually, you’ll start to feel more confident and trust your parental instincts.
Whether it’s advice, books you’ve read, observations of other parents you know, or parenting classes you’ve taken, nothing prepares you for life with a child-like good old-fashioned professional training.
Sharing these parenting quotes with parents will help them in parenting. And visit our website for more such quotes.