1. You can be a victim of cancer, or a survivor of cancer. It’s a mindset.-Dave Pelzer
2. Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.-Jim Valvano
3. Cancer is a word, not a sentence.-John Diamon
4. We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up or fight like hell.-Lance Armstrong.
5. Cancer may have started the fight, but I will finish it.-gotCancer.org.
6. You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.-Cayla Mills
7. The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.-Nikolai Lenin
8. Cancer is a journey, but you walk the road alone. There are many places to stop along the way and get nourishment you just have to be willing to take it.-Emily Hollenberg
9. The human spirit is stronger than anything that can happen to it.-C.C. Scott
Subscribe to Motivational WizardGet a weekly email magazine jam-packed with all the best posts from Motivational Wizard.
10. The worst thing in your life may contain the seeds of the best-Joe Kogel
11. The important thing is not that we can live on hope alone, but that life is not worth living without it.-Harvey Milk
12. There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tomorrow.-Orison Swett Marden
13. Time is shortening. But every day that I challenge this cancer and survive is a victory for me.-Ingrid Bergman
14. Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.-Christopher Reeve
15. When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.-Franklin D.
16. I will live a hope-filled life every day. I will handle my problems as opportunities in a different, more effective manner, based on the power of advanced mathematics; You + God = Enough-Zig Ziglar
17. That which does not kill us makes us stronger.-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
18. The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude.-William James
19. Be a tough-minded optimist-Frosty Westering
20. If you do not hope, you will not find out what is beyond your hopes.-Clement of Alexandria
21. Remember, that of all the elements that comprise a human being, the most important, the most essential, the one that will sustain, transcend, overcome and vanquish obstacles is Spirit!-Buddy Ebsen
22. Cancer is not a death sentence, but rather it is a life sentence; it pushes one to live.-Marcia Smith
23. Strength is born in the deep silence of long-suffering hearts; not amidst joy.-Felicia Hemans
24. Oh, my friend, it’s not what they take away from you that counts-it’s what you do with what you have left.-Hubert Humphrey
25. Don’t count the days, make the days count.-Muhammad Ali
26. Life is without meaning. You bring the meaning to it. The meaning of life is whatever you ascribe it to be. Being alive is the meaning.-Joseph Campbell
27. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.-Ralph Waldo Emerson
28. Today we fight. Tomorrow we fight. The day after, we fight. And if this disease plans on whipping us, it better bring a lunch, ’cause it’s gonna have a long day doing it.-Jim Beaver
29. Cancer didn’t bring me to my knees, it brought me to my feet.-Michael Douglas