Random Quotes

30 Democracy Quotes

30 Democracy Quotes

1. Democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time. -Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill

2. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote! -Benjamin Franklin

 

3. Democracy works when people claim it as their own. -BILL MOYERS

 

4. Democracy consists of choosing your dictators, after they’ve told you what you think it is you want to hear. -ALAN COREN

 

5. Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half the time. -E.B. WHITE

E.B. WHITE

6. Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance. -Henry Louis Mencken

 

7. Democracy is when the indigent, and not the men of property, are the rulers. -Aristotle

 

8. Democracy is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder, and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequal alike. -Plato

 

9. Democracy, like liberty, justice and other social and political rights are not given. They are earned through courage, resolution and sacrifice. -Aung San Suu Kyi

 

10. Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage. -Henry Louis Mencken

Henry Louis Mencken

11. Democracy is the process by which people choose the man who’ll get the blame. -Bertrand Russell

 

12. Democracy is the form of government that gives every man the right to be his own oppressor. -James Russell Lowell

 

13. Democracy is the art of thinking independently together. -Alexander Meiklejohn

 

14. A democracy is a volcano which conceals the fiery materials of its own destruction. These will produce an eruption and carry desolation in their way. -Fisher Ames

 

15. Democracy means government by discussion, but it is only effective if you can stop people talking. -Clement Atlee

Clement Atlee

16. Democracy means not ‘I am as good as you are’ but ‘You are as good as I am. -Theodore Parker

 

17. Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions – it only guarantees equality of opportunity. -Irving Kristol

 

18. Democracy is 51% of the people taking away the rights of the other 49%. -Thomas Jefferson

 

19. Democracy is like a hobby horse: It will carry you nowhere unless you use your own legs. -Herbert Samuel

 

20. Democracy is not a fragile flower; still it needs cultivating. -Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

21. Democracy means that anyone can grow up to be president, and anyone who doesn’t grow up can be vice president. -Johnny Carson

 

22. The ship of democracy, which has weathered all storms, may sink through the mutiny of those on board. -Grover Cleveland

 

23. Democracy is based upon the conviction that there are extraordinary possibilities in ordinary people. -Harry Emerson Fosdick

 

24. Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. -George Bernard Shaw

 

25. Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few. -George Bernard Shaw

George Bernard Shaw

26. Democracy: The state of affairs in which you consent to having your pocket picked, and elect the best man to do it. -Benjamin Lichtenberg

 

27. Democracy is like a raft: It won’t sink, but you will always have your feet wet. -Russell B. Long

 

28. Democracy cannot flourish half rich and half poor, any more than it can flourish half free and half slave. -Felix G. Rohatyn

 

29. Democracy is an experiment, and the right of the majority to rule is no more inherent than the right of the minority to rule; and unless the majority represents sane, righteous, unselfish public sentiment, it has no inherent right. -William Allen White

 

30. The primal principle of democracy is the worth and dignity of the individual. -Edward Bellamy

Edward Bellamy

Related posts

Funny Dad Quotes That Makes You Laugh

quotes

30 Cars Sayings And Quotes

quotes

Finding Yourself Quotes

quotes

30 Powerful Influence Quotes That’ll Motivate You

quotes

30 Inspirational Quotes On Joy

quotes

Good Woman Quotes

quotes

30 Fashion Quotes

quotes

20+ Inspiring Lily Quotes

quotes

30+ Inspiring Quotes About Guts

quotes