We celebrate World Student Day on October 15. This day is celebrated in honor of the birth anniversary of former Indian president and renowned scientist Late Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
Kalam was born on October 15, 1931, in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu. He worked as a scientist and administrator at the Defence Research and Development Organization or DRDO.
Kalam also worked with the Indian Space Research Organization. Before he became the 11th president of India, Kalam contributed to develop India’s space and missile programs.
Kalam was known as the missile man of India for his space-related work and people’s president for being a down-to-earth president. Dr. Kalam was famous for the knowledgeable lectures he gave to students to motivate them to perform their best.
Dr. Kalam was widely known as an educationist, scientist, president, and impactful president.
Table Of Contents
World Student’s Day 2021: Date, History, and Significance
Since 2010, India has been celebrating 15th October as World Student’s Day. This was an attempt to appreciate the efforts that Dr. Kalam made towards the students and their education. The theme of last year’s world students’ day was ‘Learning for people, planet, prosperity, and peace.
Kalam was an insightful academician and a motivation source for many students. He passed away due to a severe cardiac arrest on 27th July 2015 at IIM Shillong when he went there to deliver a lecture. His words are relevant even today, and many people read them to find the motivation to excel.
World Students’ Day Quotes: Inspirational APJ Abdul Kalam Quotes For Students
1. “Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy the success.”
Subscribe to Motivational WizardGet a weekly email magazine jam-packed with all the best posts from Motivational Wizard.
2. “Books become permanent companions. Sometimes, they are born before us; they guide us during our life journey and continue for many generations.”
3. “One of the very important characteristics of a student is to question. Let the students ask questions.”
4. “All Birds find shelter during a rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above the Clouds. Problems are common,but attitude makes the difference.”
5. “You have to dream before your dreams can come true.”
6. “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in second, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”
7. One of the very important characteristics of a student is to question. Let the students ask questions.
8. You see, god helps only people who work hard. That principle is very clear.
9. If you fail, never give up. Because fail means “First Attempt in Learning”.
10. The two most important life-goals I would like every youth to have: One, increase the amount of time that you have at your disposal; two, increase what you can achieve in the time available.
11. All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.
12. Creativity is seeing the same thing but thinking differently.
13. Small aim is a crime; have great aim.
14. Educationists should build the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model.
15. You cannot change your future, but, you can change your habits, and surely your habits will change your future.
16. A dream is not that which you see while sleeping, it is something that does not let you sleep.
17. Winners are not those who never fail but those who never quit.
18. Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy success.
19. You should not give up and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.
20. All Birds find shelter during a rain. But Eagle avoids rain by flying above the clouds.
21. Empty pocket teaches you a million things in life, but full pocket spoils you in a million ways.
22. If you salute your duty, you no need to salute anybody, but if you pollute your duty, you have to salute everybody.
23. Interest of a client is important, so is your family.
24. If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.
25. If four things are followed – having a great aim, acquiring knowledge, hard work, and perseverance – then anything can be achieved