A life filled with regret isn’t existence at all. We all have regrets about things we’ve done, errors made, and opportunities that were lost. However, if we make a conscious choice every day to avoid the regrets we have, we’ll live a more enjoyable and fulfilling life. And we hope that others in our lives will be as happy.
Table Of Contents
- These Sixteen Suggestions For Living An Enjoyable, More Satisfying Life Are Based On My Own Past And Present Experiences Of Doing It Right And Also From Making It Wrong.
- 1. Make Sure You Are Using Your Time Efficiently
- 2. Develop Relationships Over Possessions
- 3. Do What You Can From This Life However, You Must Always Return The Favor
- 4. You Are Accountable For Your Actions And Words
- 5. Maintain Discipline Both In Your Professional And Personal Life
- 6. Eliminate The Hatred From Your Heart
- 7. Let Yourself And Others Be Forgiven Immediately
- 8. Make Your Family The First Priority
- 9. Find Meaning In Your Work
- 10. Follow Your Dreams And Never Stop
- 11. Explore Passions Greater Than You
- 12. Do Not Hold Too Tightly
- 13. Set The Example As Well Off Of The Field
- 14. Be Sure To Protect Those Who Are Unable To Self-protect Themselves
- 15. Try To Improve Each Day By A Tiny Bit
- 16. Don’t Make Any Regrets On The Field Of Battle
These Sixteen Suggestions For Living An Enjoyable, More Satisfying Life Are Based On My Own Past And Present Experiences Of Doing It Right And Also From Making It Wrong.
1. Make Sure You Are Using Your Time Efficiently
We all know that life is a race of light. Our time is the most valuable resource. Start each day with a plan to do something worthwhile. Something you’ll feel great about as you walk out the lights at night.
How Top Performers Keep Their Physical and Mental Well-being
2. Develop Relationships Over Possessions
There’s no way to take your possessions along, or use them as a source of happiness that lasts. The relationships you make as well as the lives that you touch will be the legacy you leave behind.
3. Do What You Can From This Life However, You Must Always Return The Favor
There’s nothing wrong with investing in your future and yourself. In order to achieve the success you desire in every aspect in your existence. One of the most effective ways to find happiness is to serve people around you. Keep in mind that time spent serving others is far more valuable than paying for things.
4. You Are Accountable For Your Actions And Words
The path to accountability is the ultimate success. Your personal accountability is contagious and those around you will follow in your footsteps. Be aware of what you are putting into your actions and words. In the wrong way, you could be on the fastest way to regret.
5. Maintain Discipline Both In Your Professional And Personal Life
To be accountable, you must have discipline. It will allow you to uncover your true self: the cross-section between talent, purpose and work. It helps you achieve your goals and avoid making bad choices.
6. Eliminate The Hatred From Your Heart
Life isn’t long enough. It is also a matter of discipline. The lust for revenge can consume you, drain you and distract you from what is good in you. Take your ego off the table and substitute it with humility.
7. Let Yourself And Others Be Forgiven Immediately
Everyone makes mistakes, harms people we love, and wanders in the wrong direction sometimes. The more quickly we forgive ourselves and others , the longer we will have time as well as the energy that we will have to show love.
8. Make Your Family The First Priority
Your family is dependent on your being a strong person and to guide, teach and take care of them. Finding time for your hobbies and work is crucial, however at times, we must remember that earning more money or playing an extra round of golf isn’t necessary.
9. Find Meaning In Your Work
Without a purpose, it’s difficult to be truly passionate. Without passion, it’s hard to motivate and inspire others. Being driven by your purpose is the basis of happiness and fulfillment. Find your mission and follow it with determination.
10. Follow Your Dreams And Never Stop
As an ex- Navy SEAL and a never-quit attitude, this is instilled in me for the rest of my life. Make sure that you are doing what you can to achieve the correct “dreams” which will enhance your life as well as others. These are dreams that align with your goals.
11. Explore Passions Greater Than You
If we do not step out of our comfort zones, and engage in ways to make a positive impression upon the planet, then we have a very limited life.
12. Do Not Hold Too Tightly
It is often difficult to accomplish and sometimes, we must relax and have a bit of faith. There are some things that are completely beyond our control and we could be a mess trying to manage them.
13. Set The Example As Well Off Of The Field
Every person has the chance to make a difference in the lives of others. at work, home and at work, and in the communities we live. Leadership requires consistency of character. Words are not as powerful as actions.
14. Be Sure To Protect Those Who Are Unable To Self-protect Themselves
It doesn’t mean that we all need to reach for a gun and run for cover. It can take the form of an easy gesture. Don’t sit on the sidelines using your smartphone. Make a move.
15. Try To Improve Each Day By A Tiny Bit
If we manage to make ourselves better by even one per day, at the end of the year, we’ll be 37 times better than we were when we began. The process of improvement requires constant learning, review and feedback. Don’t neglect to take action also.
16. Don’t Make Any Regrets On The Field Of Battle
As Tecumseh wrote in his poetry “Death Song”:
“When you are ready to go home, don’t be as those whose lives are filled with fear of death, and they cry and pray for a bit more time in order to experience their journey yet again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.”
Make a few moments each day to think about the ways to implement these suggestions and observe the results!