Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev is a Yogi and an author. He has founded the Isha Foundation that provides all people a platform that explores their spirituality through yoga and meditation.
Jaggi Vasudev, also known as Sadhguru, was born on 3rd September 1957 in Mysore, India. Since his father had a moving job, Jaggi Vasudev traveled all over India and met people of different cultures while growing up.
Jaggi was always attracted to roaming outdoors. He loved exploring mountains and rivers nearby. It was during one such trip that his life changed. The Chamundi Hills is one of its favorite spots, and that is where he received enlightenment. There he went into a meditative state where he was enlightened that even after many hours were passed, he did not realize the same.
From the time he started practicing Yoga, he learned how to teach spirituality using meditation. His sayings and teachings do not follow any belief system, except the belief that a healthy mind is necessary to acquire inner peace.
Isha foundation was founded by Sadhguru in 1992 in Tamil Nadu. Here he teaches the ‘Inner Engineering’ program. This comprises Yoga, personality development, and meditation. Over the years, his followers have risen in number, and people from all over the world come to him to find inner peace.
Let us now take a deep dive into the spiritual world with some of Sadhguru’s quotes that would teach you how to be a better person.
Know more about Sadhguru.
Read These Life Changing Quotes By Sadhguru
1. “The fear is simply because you are not living with life, You are living in your mind.”
2. “The sign of intelligence is that you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life.”
Subscribe to Motivational WizardGet a weekly email magazine jam-packed with all the best posts from Motivational Wizard.
3. “People have fallen in love with words and lost the world. It’s time to regain it.”
4. “The most beautiful moments in life are moments when you are expressing your joy, not when you are seeking it.”
5. “Love is your quality. Love is not what you do. Love is what you are.”
6. “Krishna says in the Gita, “The worst crime in the world is indecision.”
7. “If you resist change, you resist life.”
8. “When pain, misery, or anger happen, it is time to look within you, not around you.”
9. “Too many people are hungry not because there is dearth of food. It is because there is dearth of love and care in human hearts.”
10. “Sex in the body is fine. Money in the wallet is fine. It is only a problem when they enter your mind.”
11. “Learning to listen is the essence of intelligent living.”
12. “If you think hundred percent logically, there is really no possibility of life.”
13. “For most people, love means, ‘You must do what I want.’ No, love means they can do what they want, and we still love them.”
14. “If you think hundred percent logically, there is really no possibility of life.”
15. “Confidence and stupidity are a very dangerous combination, but they generally go together.”
16. “The only thing that stands between you and your well-being is a simple fact: you have allowed your thoughts and emotions to take instruction from the outside rather than the inside. On”
17. “Unless you do the right things, the right things will not happen to you.”
18. “Yogis are not against pleasure. It is just that they are unwilling to settle for little pleasures. They are greedy.”
19. “Reactivity is enslavement. Responsibility is freedom.”
20. “Responsibility simply means your ability to respond.”
21. “Your life is just about craving, and making something else tremendously more important than you.”
22. “But when it comes to the inner situation, there is only one ingredient: you. At least you must happen the way you want.”
23. “The most incredible thing is that you can know everything you wish to know with your eyes closed.”
24. “Mysticism is like pure science; it has no use. Mysticism is just the human longing to know… Occult is not science. Occult is just technology.”
25. “Most people are investing their whole lifetime just for their material well-being. Dying to live, this is called.”
26. “The man who does only as much as is needed will only get that much.”
27. “But when it comes to the inner situation, there is only one ingredient: you. At least you must happen the way you want.”
28. “Sunlight comes into your house not because you want it. It happens because you open the windows.”
29. “The identity around which the intellect functions is called ahankara.”
30. “There is only one calamity: ignorance. And there is only one solution: enlightenment.”
31. “Your mind need not be controlled; your mind needs to be liberated.”
32. “That which knows how to bend will not break.”
33. “Only if you know to what extent your logic should go and where it should not go, your life will be beautiful.”
34. “The whole art of being a Guru is just this: to constantly puncture people’s egos and still manage to remain their friend.”
35. “What is happening within you and how you experience your life is entirely your making – your karma.”
36. “Don’t think of this as your first step or last step. Just be here as a piece of life. That is the best way to be. You are not a young man; you are not an old man. You are just a piece of life.”
37. “I am not here to speak the Truth. I am here just to give you a method to perceive it.”
38. “Every human being is longing for involvement. Not for touch, not for a kiss, not for sex, not for anything else; one is basically longing for a deep sense of involvement.”
39. “Whatever has been the highest experience in your life should become the centerpiece around which your life is structured.”
40. “Life should touch you, even if life smothers you, it’s better than remaining untouched by life”
41. “People who have failed in their lives, they are suffering their failure. People who have succeeded in their life, they are suffering their success.”
42. “A human is not a being; he is a becoming. He is an ongoing process, nothing is fixed.”
43. “Every opinion you have about anything can be a limiting identity.”
44. “Things do not descend upon anything that is not ready to receive them.”
45. “If you are not using your mind for self-torture, why would you think of peace?”
46. “If you tell yourself you don’t want to think a certain thought, that is precisely the first thing your mind will produce! That is the nature of the human mind.”
47. “If you consciously get your body into different postures, you can elevate your consciousness.”
48. “Freedom—or mukti or moksha—is seen as the natural longing in every human being and our ultimate destination.”
49. “I do not know” is the doorway—the only doorway—to seeking and knowing.”
50. “Life is a circus when your intellect and your body alone are involved. Life is a dance, when the intelligence begins to play its role.”
51. “Unless you begin to see the hollowness of where you are right now, you will not begin to seek something else strongly.”